This special floor graphic material can be applied to virtually any indoor flooring or countertop surface. It can also be removed and reused, as long as it's kept clean.
Multi Surface Floor Decal
This textured floor decal consists of a repositionable self-adhesive fabric with a textured vinyl coating. It is our only product that can be used on both floor and carpeted surfaces, and it can even be used on outdoor sidewalks. It is ASTM D-2047 certified as slip resistant without lamination and it removes cleanly with little or no residue. It's also excellent for countertop graphics. Available in widths up to 48".
Longevity of 1 - 3 months, depending on traffic.
It can be used on virtually any indoor surface, as well as outdoor sidewalks. It's repositionable so it can removed and used in a new location, even on a different type of flooring. Since it doesn't have a laminate, it offers excellent color. Many floor decals have thick protective laminates, which tend to dull the colors somewhat. It's our least expensive material that can be used on outdoor sidewalks and remain slip resistant when wet.
Like any adhesive, once it gets dirty, it can't be used any longer. It's a vinyl material, so it's not eco-friendly.
It's the perfect material when you're not sure what type of flooring you'll be applying the graphics on. It's not uncommon for decals to go on different types of flooring with the same promotion, so with this material, you don't need to order different decals for different surfaces. Decals can also be reused and moved between surfaces.
- Tile, vinyl, linoleum, terrazzo and ceramic floor surfaces should be cleaned with a commercial cleaner, washed with isopropyl alcohol to remove any grease, wax or cleaning solution residue, and allowed to completely dry.
- Hardwood floors should be lightly cleaned with a commercial cleaner designed not to harm hardwood finishes and allowed to completely dry.
- Vacuum carpet surfaces prior to installation for the best adhesion and longest life.
- Concrete must be swept clean of loose stones and debris.
- Any paints or coatings on the floor must have good adhesion to the flooring substrate.
- Testing for product suitability by user is recommended prior to all applications.
- If there are seams or grout lines in the surface, avoid them or bridge the decal over the seams. Do not position the graphic so that the edges fall within 3" of grout lines.
- Peel back about 1” of release liner from top of the decal. Fold and crease liner back.
- Position decal starting with the top. Apply firmly using a plastic squeegee.
- Continue removing liner a small amount at a time and press down the decal with the squeegee with overlapping strokes working from the center out at a 45 degree angle.
- After the entire decal is applied, squeegee the entire surface, working from the center out, to remove any air bubbles and to ensure good adhesion. Make sure the edges are applied well.
- Do NOT apply with water.
- Wait 24 hours after application before cleaning or waxing floor.
- To maintain condition of the decals, avoid exposing them to heavy equipment traffic.
- CAUTION: If the edges of the decal begin lifting, replace immediately to avoid risk of injury due to tripping hazard.
- Lift one edge of the decal and pull using short, quick strokes.
- If you intend to reuse the decal, be sure to replace the release liner over the adhesive surface to keep it clean. Once the adhesive becomes dirty to the point where it won't securely stick to the floor or edges are lifting, it must be replaced to avoid creating a slipping or tripping hazard.