This permanent grey backed adhesive vinyl is excellent for indoor and outdoor signs, barricade graphics and POP displays. The grey back helps prevent show through when mounting on colored surfaces or over other prints.
Economy Calendared Adhesive Vinyl
This permanent grey backed adhesive vinyl is an economical sign material for short to medium-term indoor and outdoor applications. Available with a gloss or matte finish, it offers vivid color and can be used for a variety of signs, barricade graphics, POP displays and exhibitions. Will adhere to any smooth surface such as Alumalite, acrylic, Sintra, stainless steel, metal, or painted wood surfaces. Available in widths up to 60".
Longevity of 2-3 years outdoors unlaminated, or up to 5 years with a cast vinyl laminate, up to 20 years indoors.
It's inexpensive. The grey back helps prevent show through when applying to colored surfaces or over other decals.
The permanent adhesive will not come off cleanly if it needs to be removed. This is a calendared vinyl, so it has limited conformability and should only be used on flat surfaces or minimal curves. It's vinyl so it's not eco-friendly.
Great for general signs, especially on surfaces that need a more aggressive adhesive than removable vinyls, such as Gatorfoam, Sintra or wood.
These instructions are provided for our customers that want to install their own adhesive vinyl sign graphics. Tools you will need: Scissors, Xacto knife or razor blade, soft squeegee or paper to protect the image (hard squeegee will damage the print), and masking tape.
- If applying a vinyl graphic that is not laminated, use a soft squeegee or protect the image with paper during installation to prevent damage to the printed image.
- Apply vinyl in the shade (no direct sunlight).
- The ideal temperature would be between 46-80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wind or wind gusts will cause problems.
- All surfaces should be considered dirty and must be cleaned prior to installation. Clean the area where the graphics are to be applied with a household, non-ammonia based cleaner. We recommend an alcohol based cleaner such as denatured alcohol or equivalent. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Air and surface temperatures must be above 46 degrees
- Position your graphic in the desired location and tack into place on each end with small pieces of masking tape.
- Peel back about 2” of the release liner away from the top edge on the adhesive side of your graphic.
- Cut that section of the release liner off and discard.
- Squeegee down the exposed edge of the graphic starting from the center and working towards the edges. Let the squeegee cause the contact with the mounting surface and brush from the center outward using overlapping 45 degree angled strokes.
- Flip the graphic up, or have an assistant hold it up and start to peel back the remaining release liner.
- Pull back a few inches of the release liner at a time and squeegee the graphic into place using the same technique as above.
- If you get an air bubble, you can either lift the decal enough to release the air, or if the bubbles are not too large, you can pop them with a pin and squeegee the bubble toward the pin hole to squeeze out the air.
- Once the entire decal is applied, squeegee the entire decal once more to ensure a firm bond with the surface.