This premium floor graphic material is our longest lasting for use on most sealed indoor flooring surfaces.
3M Floor Decal
This floor decal material is our longest lasting indoor floor graphic material. It makes scuff-resistant, UL-approved slip resistant interior floor graphics with outstanding resistance to dirt and wear from high foot traffic, and can be scrubbed, cleaned and waxed during routine maintenance of the floor. It can be easily removed from an approved floor surface, leaving behind no adhesive residue. Available in widths up to 54".
Longevity of 6 months to 2 years, depending on traffic.
It has great adhesion to the floor, but still removes cleanly. It's our longest lasting indoor floor graphic material. We've had some customers report that after 2 years in high traffic areas, they still look good. They are only warranted for 6 months, but if installed and cared for properly, they can last much longer.
It's one of the most expensive indoor floor decals. The laminate is very thick, so it does have some effect on the color depth of the print.
This is the best option for an adhesive floor decal that needs to last as long as possible.
- Tile, vinyl, linoleum, terrazzo and ceramic floor surfaces should be cleaned with a commercial cleaner, washed with isopropyl alcohol to remove any grease, wax or cleaning solution residue, and allowed to completely dry.
- Hardwood floors should be lightly cleaned with a commercial cleaner designed not to harm hardwood finishes and allowed to completely dry.
- Any paints or coatings on the floor must have good adhesion to the flooring substrate.
- Testing for product suitability by user is recommended prior to all applications.
- If there are seams or grout lines in the surface, avoid them or bridge the decal over the seams. Do not position the graphic so that the edges fall within 3" of grout lines.
- Peel back about 1” of release liner from top of the decal. Fold and crease liner back.
- Position decal starting with the top. Apply firmly using a plastic squeegee.
- Continue removing liner a small amount at a time and press down the decal with the squeegee with overlapping strokes working from the center out at a 45 degree angle.
- After the entire decal is applied, squeegee the entire surface, working from the center out, to remove any air bubbles and to ensure good adhesion. Make sure the edges are applied well.
- Do NOT apply with water.
Lift one edge of the decal and pull using short, quick strokes.
- Wait 24 hours after application before cleaning or waxing floor.
- To maintain condition of the decals, avoid exposing them to heavy equipment traffic.
- CAUTION: If the edges of the decal begin lifting, replace immediately to avoid risk of injury due to tripping hazard.